ECHOcommunity Resources in English
ECHO Asia Seed Fact Sheets
ECHO Asia Note Articles
Haitian Network Documents
General Technical Documents
ECHO Research - Posters
ECHO East Africa News
ECHO East Africa Notes
ECHO Technical Notes
ECHO Research - Guidance
- As I studied more about Moringa seed, I learned that its valuable edible oil and this led me to start researching ways of extracting the oil. There are commercial chemical extractions, but these are too costly for the tribal people we work with. There are also cold and warm commercial presses,...
ECHO Asia Notes
ECHO Development Notes (EDN)
ECHO West Africa Notes
Haiti Development Notes
ECHO Latin America and Caribbean Notes (LACN)
ECHO Research Notes
ECHO Best Practice Notes
Agricultural Risk Assessment and Management
ECHO Asia News
A Natural Farming System For Sustainable Agriculture In the Tropics
- 2005-01-20 Composting is Fundamental #4. Compost will build up organic matter and create humus for your soil. The finished product of decomposition is called compost. Composting is a controlled process in which we capture a high percentage of nutrients from our crop residue and return it back to the soil in...
USDA Agriculture Handbooks
Plant Information Sheets
- Acacia mangium can grow to be a tall tree up to 30 m. It is a fast-growing tree that can tolerate acidic and degraded soils. This tree grows best with moderate rainfall and full sunlight. It is one of the major leguminous species used in plantation forestry programs throughout Asia and the...
- Adzuki bean is a bushy or vining, nitrogen-fixing, annual plant that is moderately drought tolerant. This bean grows best in temperate climates or higher altitudes in the tropics. The young pods, fresh seeds and dry beans are used for human consumption.
- Khaya nyasica is a large evergreen or semi-deciduous forest tree up to 60 m in height. It has a rounded crown that provides dense shade. This tree is an important timber species and the wood is also used for furniture, firewood, tools, carving and for canoes.