ECHOcommunity Resources in English
General Technical Documents
ECHO Asia Note Articles
Haitian Network Documents
ECHO East Africa News
ECHO Research - Posters
- As I studied more about Moringa seed, I learned that its valuable edible oil and this led me to start researching ways of extracting the oil. There are commercial chemical extractions, but these are too costly for the tribal people we work with. There are also cold and warm commercial presses,...
ECHO Research - Guidance
ECHO Asia Seed Fact Sheets
ECHO Development Notes (EDN)
ECHO Technical Notes
Haiti Development Notes
ECHO Asia Notes
ECHO Latin America and Caribbean Notes (LACN)
ECHO West Africa Notes
ECHO Research Notes
ECHO Best Practice Notes
Agricultural Risk Assessment and Management
ECHO Asia News
ECHO East Africa Notes
A Natural Farming System For Sustainable Agriculture In the Tropics
- 2005-01-20 Composting is Fundamental #4. Compost will build up organic matter and create humus for your soil. The finished product of decomposition is called compost. Composting is a controlled process in which we capture a high percentage of nutrients from our crop residue and return it back to the soil in...
- Herbs - How to grow them: Harvest and preserve them: Uses and recipes for them.
- 2019-02-14 Session: What is the Agriculture? What is agroforestry? How does agriculture needs agroforestry? Biographical information: Julius Ssebandeke is a Scout leader with a wood badge, has a Bachelors of Theology degree in Christian education, a certificate in agroforestry from Trees for the Future USA,...
Plant Information Sheets
- Acacia angustissima grows as a thornless shrub or small tree to an average of 2-7 meters tall with a single short trunk. It is a legume, capable of fixing nitrogen in nodules on its roots if the appropriate strain of Rhizobium bacteria is present in the soil. It is often found in tropical...
- Most Edible Acacia seed species are from northern semi-arid regions of Australia and range from medium-sized trees to large, multi-stemmed bushes. Several Edible Acacia species have been successfully introduced into African semi-arid regions like Niger and Senegal. Acacia colei is a drought...
- Acacia mangium can grow to be a tall tree up to 30 m. It is a fast growing tree that can tolerate acidic and degraded soils. This tree grows best with moderate rainfall and full sunlight. It is one of the major leguminous species used in plantation forestry programs throughout Asia and the...