ECHOcommunity Resources in English
Zambia Agribusiness Society - ZAS
ECHO Asia Note Articles
Food Plants International - Plant Fact Sheets
ECHO Asia Seed Fact Sheets
Research - Posters
- Organización: Hospitalito de Atitlán Spanish withQuiché
Haitian Network Documents
Using ECHO Resources
- The security of the users and members of ECHOcommunity is of utmost importance to us. These resources outline the policies that govern our data collection, the legal terms by which you may use this website and affiliated services, and what privileges are afforded to members. Please read these...
Tanzania Organic Agriculture Movement (TOAM) Publications
- Swahili download only Kilomohai Training Materialshttp://www.kilimohai.org/kilimohai/training-materials
- Farmers consider crop-reduction organisms to be pests and diseases. Insects, birds or other animals are considered pests whenever they cause damage to crops or to stored harvests. Fungi, bacteria and viruses are identified as diseases, when they invade or alter vital plant growth activities or...
General Technical Documents
- This document was provided by Lance Edwards as an outline of the process of building a 100 Fold Vegetable Garden using Foundation for Farming principles. He includes a description of wicking bed technology by Colin Austin The irrigator’s dilemma If the irrigator applies frequent but shallow...
ECHO East Africa News
ECHO East Africa Notes
Food Plant Solutions - Publications
- Practical ways of growing local food plants and doing it well.
- Growing the Major Food Plants of Papua New Guinea Food Plants of Papua New Guinea Diseases of Food Plants in Papua New Guinea Growing Food Plants - Southern Highlands Insect Pests of Food Plants Sago and Gardening FOI Katubu Food Composition of Plants in Papua New Guinea Suggestions on Food...
- If you download a publication, please contact Food Plant Solutionsat –email@example.com Feedback on any publication is invited and much appreciated –firstname.lastname@example.org Return to the Publications List
- Potentially Important Food Plants of the Western Pacific Potentially Important Fruits and Nuts of the Western Pacific Potentially Important Leafy Greens and Vegetables in the Western Pacific Also available in:Français (fr)Bislama (bi) Food plants for healthy diets in the Western Pacific Also...
- Potentially important food plants of Rwanda Food plants for healthy diets in Rwanda Also available in:Kinyarwanda (rw) Potentially important leafy greens and vegetables in Rwanda Potentially Important Fruit, Nuts and Seeds of Rwanda Good gardening and growing root crops in Rwanda If you...
ECHO Research - Guidance
Mkulima Mbunifu (MkM)
- Swahili Only December, 2020, Issue 99 Mkulima Mbunifu (MkM) is a journal that provides agricultural education.
- Swahili Only August, 2020, Issue 95 Mkulima Mbunifu (MkM) is a journal that provides agricultural education.
- Swahili Only October, 2020, Issue 97 Mkulima Mbunifu (MkM) is a journal that provides agricultural education.
- 2021-08-20 Swahili Only August, 2021, Issue 107 Mkulima Mbunifu (MkM) is a journal that provides agricultural education.
- 2021-03-20 Swahili Only March, 2021, Issue 102 Mkulima Mbunifu (MkM) is a journal that provides agricultural education.
Resources for Schools and Teachers
GODAN Open Data Management in Agriculture and Nutrition
Amaranth to Zai Holes
- After 15 years of EDN, I guess it is not too much to include a bit of levity. Economists, agronomists and planners of late Have discovered a new way to pontificate. Beyond mere jargon, like "Success Enhancement," "Integrated Development," and "Rural Advancement." Working in all their infinite...
- 1996-10-19 This book is arranged according to topic. For general reading in a subject area, refer to the table of contents of each chapter. An * indicates that the entry is a book, newsletter, or journal. NOTE:If a line item in the index has two or more references, each reference is indicated by the title...
Christian Veterinary Mission (CVM) Publications
ECHO Technical Notes
- Throughout history human, energy has generally been applied through the use of the arms, hands, and back. With minor exceptions, it was only with the invention of the sliding-seat rowing shell, and particularly of the bicycle, that legs also began to be considered as a "normal" means of...
- 1984-01-19 Root crops is a general term commonly used for a wide variety of food plants that have an underground storage organ known as a root, tuber (rhizome), corm, or bulb. Root crops are rich in starch, and low in protein and oil. They are excellent sources of calories. Some are consumed as major...
ECHO Development Notes (EDN)
ECHO Best Practice Notes
ECHO Asia Notes
ECHO Research Notes
Other Farmer Training Guides
Conservation Agriculture Core Training Guides
- 2019-11-20 Swahili Only Community seed banks are informal institutions, run and managed by farmers or local and village governments whose primary function is to store seeds for domestic use. These banks are located in many parts of the world and have existed for many years with the aim of preserving,...
- 2019-11-20 Swahili Only
- 2019-11-20 Swahili Only Seeds are one of the main inputs for food production. Farmers around the world have been aware of this for centuries. Millions of families and agricultural communities have worked to select seeds and store them for use in the next agricultural season. This is what has allowed...
- 2019-11-20 Swahili Only
ECHO West Africa Notes
Haiti Development Notes
ECHO Latin America and Caribbean Notes (LACN)
Agricultural Risk Assessment and Management
ECHO Asia News
Sustainable Nutrition Manual, 2nd Edition (2016)
Heifer International - Selected Publications
- 2010-01-20 Swahili Only Ufugaji bora wa ng'ombe wa maziwa-2
- 2008-07-20 Swahili Only Kitabu cha kuku wa asili
USDA Agriculture Handbooks
A Natural Farming System For Sustainable Agriculture In the Tropics
- The Agroforestry Project is created, coordinated and advised by the Association of Agroforestry Farmers of Barra do Turvo and Adrianópolis - Cooperafloresta, which brings together around 100 families of Agroforestry Systems (SAFs). For 20 years they have been developing, practicing and...
Plant Information Sheets
- Acacia mangium can grow to be a tall tree up to 30 m. It is a fast-growing tree that can tolerate acidic and degraded soils. This tree grows best with moderate rainfall and full sunlight. It is one of the major leguminous species used in plantation forestry programs throughout Asia and the...
- Adzuki bean is a bushingor vining, nitrogen-fixingannual plant that is moderately drought tolerant. This bean grows best in temperate climates or higher altitudes in the tropics. The young pods, fresh seeds, and dry beans are used for human consumption.