ECHOcommunity Resources in English
ECHO Asia Note Articles
- Also available in:
General Technical Documents
ECHO East Africa News
ECHO Research - Guidance
ECHO Research - Posters
- As I studied more about Moringa seed, I learned that its valuable edible oil and this led me to start researching ways of extracting the oil. There are commercial chemical extractions, but these are too costly for the tribal people we work with. There are also cold and warm commercial presses,...
ECHO Asia Notes
ECHO Development Notes (EDN)
ECHO Technical Notes
ECHO Latin America and Caribbean Notes (LACN)
ECHO West Africa Notes
ECHO Research Notes
ECHO Best Practice Notes
Agricultural Risk Assessment and Management
ECHO Asia News
ECHO East Africa Notes
A Natural Farming System For Sustainable Agriculture In the Tropics
- 2005-01-20 Composting is Fundamental #4. Compost will build up organic matter and create humus for your soil. The finished product of decomposition is called compost. Composting is a controlled process in which we capture a high percentage of nutrients from our crop residue and return it back to the soil in...
- plantation, cocoa diseases, cocoa parasites, fermentation, cocoa butter, chocolate powder, Forastero, Criollo, Trinitario,
Plant Information Sheets
- Grown throughout Central and South America as a pioneer species for rebuilding degraded soils. Acacia angustissima grows as a thornless shrub or small tree to an average of 2-7 mtall with a single short trunk. It is a legume, capable of fixing nitrogen in nodules on its roots if the appropriate...
- Most Edible Acacia seed species are from northern semi-arid regions of Australia and range from medium-sized trees to large, multi-stemmed bushes. Several Edible Acacia species have been successfully introduced into African semi-arid regions like Niger and Senegal. A. colei has excelled in acacia...
- Acacia mangium is native to Australia, Indonesia and Papua New Guinea. It is a low-elevation tree species associated with rain forest margins and disturbed, well-drained acid soils. Acacia mangium is one of the major fast growing leguminous species used in plantation forestry programs throughout...