ECHOcommunity Resources in English
General Technical Documents
- This document was provided by Lance Edwards as an outline of the process of building a 100 Fold Vegetable Garden using Foundation for Farming principles. He includes a description of wicking bed technology by Colin Austin The irrigator’s dilemma If the irrigator applies frequent but shallow...
ECHO Asia Seed Fact Sheets
ECHO Asia Note Articles
Research - Posters
ECHO East Africa News
- Organización: Hospitalito de Atitlán Spanish withQuiché
- As I studied more about Moringa seed, I learned that its valuable edible oil and this led me to start researching ways of extracting the oil. There are commercial chemical extractions, but these are too costly for the tribal people we work with. There are also cold and warm commercial presses,...
Haitian Network Documents
ECHO Research - Guidance
Food Plant Solutions - Publications
- If you download a publication, please contact FPSat –firstname.lastname@example.org Feedback on any publication is invited and much appreciated –email@example.com Return to the Publications List
- Growing the Major Food Plants of Papua New Guinea Food Plants of Papua New Guinea Diseases of Food Plants in Papua New Guinea Growing Food Plants - Southern Highlands Insect Pests of Food Plants Sago and Gardening FOI Katubu Food Composition of Plants in Papua New Guinea Suggestions on Food...
- Practical ways of growing local food plants and doing it well.
- Potentially important food plants of Rwanda Food plants for healthy diets in Rwanda Also available in:Kinyarwanda (rw) Potentially important leafy greens and vegetables in Rwanda Potentially Important Fruit, Nuts and Seeds of Rwanda Good gardening and growing root crops in Rwanda If you...
- Potentially Important Food Plants of the Western Pacific Potentially Important Fruits and Nuts of the Western Pacific Potentially Important Leafy Greens and Vegetables in the Western Pacific Also available in:Français (fr)Bislama (bi) Food plants for healthy diets in the Western Pacific Also...
ECHO Technical Notes
Amaranth to Zai Holes
- After 15 years of EDN, I guess it is not too much to include a bit of levity. Economists, agronomists and planners of late Have discovered a new way to pontificate. Beyond mere jargon, like "Success Enhancement," "Integrated Development," and "Rural Advancement." Working in all their infinite...
- 1996-10-19 This book is arranged according to topic. For general reading in a subject area, refer to the table of contents of each chapter. An * indicates that the entry is a book, newsletter, or journal. NOTE:If a line item in the index has two or more references, each reference is indicated by the title...
- 1996-10-19 Chapter 1 Table 1 Ecological or Life Zones of the Tropics, Sub Tropics, and Warm Temperate Zones Chapter 1 Table 2. Annual Crops (or Perennial Crops grown as annuals) Climatic Needs Chapter 1 Table 3. Important Perennial and Tree Crops Chapter 1 Table 4. Suggested Crops for Specific Climatic...
ECHO East Africa Notes
ECHO Asia Notes
ECHO Development Notes (EDN)
Other Farmer Training Guides
Conservation Agriculture Core Training Guides
ECHO West Africa Notes
Haiti Development Notes
ECHO Latin America and Caribbean Notes (LACN)
ECHO Research Notes
ECHO Best Practice Notes
Agricultural Risk Assessment and Management
ECHO Asia News
Heifer International - Selected Publications
- 2010-01-20 Swahili Only Ufugaji bora wa ng'ombe wa maziwa-2
- 2008-07-20 Swahili Only Kitabu cha kuku wa asili
- 1996-01-19 Swahili only Mwongozo kuhusu ufugaji wa ngamia
A Natural Farming System For Sustainable Agriculture In the Tropics
USDA Agriculture Handbooks
- 2020-01-20 Living on Little illuminates the many deep and overlooked ways that scarcity shapes the lives of ordinary Kenyans. Drawing on four years of systematic research with nearly 300 low-income families, this book offers readers a new and intimate perspective on poverty. Living on very little money...
- Also available in:
- 汉语 (zh)
Plant Information Sheets
- Acacia mangium can grow to be a tall tree up to 30 m. It is a fast-growing tree that can tolerate acidic and degraded soils. This tree grows best with moderate rainfall and full sunlight. It is one of the major leguminous species used in plantation forestry programs throughout Asia and the...
- Adzuki bean is a bushy or vining, nitrogen-fixing, annual plant that is moderately drought tolerant. This bean grows best in temperate climates or higher altitudes in the tropics. The young pods, fresh seeds and dry beans are used for human consumption.
- Khaya nyasica is a large evergreen or semi-deciduous forest tree up to 60 m in height. It has a rounded crown that provides dense shade. This tree is an important timber species and the wood is also used for furniture, firewood, tools, carving and for canoes.