ECHOcommunity Resources in English
- As I studied more about Moringa seed, I learned that its valuable edible oil and this led me to start researching ways of extracting the oil. There are commercial chemical extractions, but these are too costly for the tribal people we work with. There are also cold and warm commercial presses,...
General Technical Documents
- This document was provided by Lance Edwards as an outline of the process of building a 100 Fold Vegetable Garden using Foundation for Farming principles. He includes a description of wicking bed technology by Colin Austin The irrigator’s dilemma If the irrigator applies frequent but shallow...
ECHO Asia Seed Fact Sheets
Using ECHO Resources
- The security of the users and members of ECHOcommunity is of utmost importance to us. These resources outline the policies that govern our data collection, the legal terms by which you may use this website and affiliated services, and what privileges are afforded to members. Please read these...
Research - Posters
Tanzania Organic Agriculture Movement (TOAM) Publications
- A sack garden is a small vegetable mound made from a nylon or similar sack.
- Swahili download only Kilomohai Training Materialshttp://www.kilimohai.org/kilimohai/training-materials
- Farmers consider crop-reduction organisms to be pests and diseases. Insects, birds or other animals are considered pests whenever they cause damage to crops or to stored harvests. Fungi, bacteria and viruses are identified as diseases, when they invade or alter vital plant growth activities or...
- Scientific Animations Without Borders (SAWBO) transforms expert knowledge into educational animations, which are then translated into multiple languages from around the world. We use a rigorous co-creation and review process to create highly accurate content.
ECHO Asia Note Articles
ECHO East Africa News
Haitian Network Documents
- Organización: Hospitalito de Atitlán Spanish withQuiché
ECHO East Africa Notes
ECHO Technical Notes
Food Plant Solutions - Publications
- Imagine - You are an immigrant to a country which, in contrast to all that you are familiar with, is in a different climate, with different soils, and different plants which will flourish in these conditions. You are keen to be a good provider for your family and the idea of growing fresh fruit...
- Potentially important food plants of Rwanda Food plants for healthy diets in Rwanda Also available in:Kinyarwanda (rw) Potentially important leafy greens and vegetables in Rwanda Potentially Important Fruit, Nuts and Seeds of Rwanda Good gardening and growing root crops in Rwanda If you...
- Potentially Important Food Plants of the Western Pacific Potentially Important Fruits and Nuts of the Western Pacific Potentially Important Leafy Greens and Vegetables in the Western Pacific Also available in:Français (fr)Bislama (bi) Food plants for healthy diets in the Western Pacific Also...
- If you download a publication, please contact Food Plant Solutionsat –firstname.lastname@example.org Feedback on any publication is invited and much appreciated –email@example.com Return to the Publications List
- Growing the Major Food Plants of Papua New Guinea Food Plants of Papua New Guinea Diseases of Food Plants in Papua New Guinea Growing Food Plants - Southern Highlands Insect Pests of Food Plants Sago and Gardening FOI Katubu Food Composition of Plants in Papua New Guinea Suggestions on Food...
Amaranth to Zai Holes
- After 15 years of EDN, I guess it is not too much to include a bit of levity. Economists, agronomists and planners of late Have discovered a new way to pontificate. Beyond mere jargon, like "Success Enhancement," "Integrated Development," and "Rural Advancement." Working in all their infinite...
ECHO Research - Guidance
ECHO Development Notes (EDN)
ECHO Asia Notes
Other Farmer Training Guides
Conservation Agriculture Core Training Guides
- 2019-11-20 Swahili Only It is organic farming, agriculture associated with a better environment, natural resource management system (example: forests) which, through a mixture of trees in the fields or on agricultural land, expands the scope and increases productivity and thus increases the economy in...
- 2019-11-20 Swahili Only
- 2019-11-20 Swahili Only
- 2019-11-20 Swahili Only Community seed banks are informal institutions, run and managed by farmers or local and village governments whose primary function is to store seeds for domestic use. These banks are located in many parts of the world and have existed for many years with the aim of preserving,...
- 2019-11-20 Swahili Only Seeds are one of the main inputs for food production. Farmers around the world have been aware of this for centuries. Millions of families and agricultural communities have worked to select seeds and store them for use in the next agricultural season. This is what has allowed...
ECHO West Africa Notes
Haiti Development Notes
ECHO Latin America and Caribbean Notes (LACN)
ECHO Research Notes
ECHO Best Practice Notes
Agricultural Risk Assessment and Management
ECHO Asia News
Heifer International - Selected Publications
- 2010-01-20 Swahili Only Ufugaji bora wa ng'ombe wa maziwa-2
- 2008-07-20 Swahili Only Kitabu cha kuku wa asili
A Natural Farming System For Sustainable Agriculture In the Tropics
USDA Agriculture Handbooks
Plant Information Sheets
- Acacia mangium can grow to be a tall tree up to 30 m. It is a fast-growing tree that can tolerate acidic and degraded soils. This tree grows best with moderate rainfall and full sunlight. It is one of the major leguminous species used in plantation forestry programs throughout Asia and the...
- Adzuki bean is a bushy or vining, nitrogen-fixing, annual plant that is moderately drought tolerant. This bean grows best in temperate climates or higher altitudes in the tropics. The young pods, fresh seeds and dry beans are used for human consumption.
- Khaya nyasica is a large evergreen or semi-deciduous forest tree up to 60 m in height. It has a rounded crown that provides dense shade. This tree is an important timber species and the wood is also used for furniture, firewood, tools, carving and for canoes.
- Lightning Talk, ECHO International Agriculture Conference, November 19, 2020 George Bosworth, Chapin Living Waters
- Lightning Talk, ECHO International Agriculture Conference, November 19, 2020 Elliott Toevs and ECHO Staff
- Lightning Talk, ECHO International Agriculture Conference, November 19, 2020 Hawken Sawyer and Lyle Carlson