ECHOcommunity Resources in Spanish
General Technical Documents
ECHO Research - Posters
ECHO Development Notes (EDN)
ECHO Technical Notes
ECHO Latin America and Caribbean Notes (LACN)
ECHO Best Practice Notes
- 2018-01-20 Recovering the traditional culinary knowledge of women in Latin America and the Caribbean for food biodiversity management and enhancement This document reflects the integrated vision of agrobiodiversity with the role of women as guardians and protectors of foods of high nutritional value. Rural...
- 2011-01-20 Presenting nutrition and biodiversity as a single issue is one of the main rationales of the Cross-Cutting Initiative on Biodiversity for Food and Nutrition, which is led by Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) in collaboration with Bioversity International. The overall...
- 2008-01-20 Assessing nutrition and biodiversity together, using a suite of indicators, is at the heart of the new Cross-cutting Initiative on Biodiversity for Food and Nutrition, led by FAO in collaboration with Bioversity International and other partners. Biodiversity and nutrition play their parts at...
Plant Information Sheets
- Moringa stenopetala is often referred to as the African Moringa Tree because it is native only to Ethiopia and northern Kenya. Though it does grow in many other parts of the old- and new-world tropics, it is not as widely known as its close relative, Moringa oleifera. All parts of the tree except...
- Okra originated in Southeast Asia but Abelmoschus caillei is now grown mostly in West and Central Africa, where it has become an important vegetable crop. This variety of okra is particularly popular with subsistence farmers as it can produce a food crop year round, has a higher market value as...
- Asparagus Beans/Yard Long Beans probably originated in southern China.