ECHOcommunity Resources in Spanish
ECHO Asia Note Articles
- This article is from ECHO Asia Note # 31. Saving your own seeds can be a cost-effective way to access crop seed for future planting and to help maintain the planet’s plant biodiversity. Whether you plant your own saved seeds, give them away to friends and neighbors, or distribute them through...
- Organización: ODIM
- Ministerio de Salud Pública y Asistencia Social
- Spanish with Kaqchiquel Organización: Hospitalito de Atitlán
- Organización: ODIM
ECHO Technical Notes
General Technical Documents
- This short document contains graphs that show how zero tillage leads to increased water infiltration and increased water retention in soil.
- Four nutrient deficiencies--phosphorus, potassium, nitrogen, and magnesium--can be diagnosed by observing maize leaves. This document includes photos of a healthy maize leaf and of maize leaves demonstrating each of these nutrient deficiencies. It also contains suggestions for how to address each...
- Jack bean is an excellent plant for enriching soil, because it grows under very difficult conditions. However, the beans contain toxins that normally make them unsuitable for human consumption. This document describes how to germinate jack bean to remove the toxins and increase the beans’...
Haitian Network Documents
Research - Posters
ECHO Development Notes (EDN)
Using ECHO Resources
- 2021-01-20 Available on iOS 10.0+and Android 5.0+ Search "echocommunity" in the App Store on your iPhone or in Google Play on your Android phone. ECHO is excited to introduce our new mobile app! We represent a network of nearly 20,000 members and we have provided resources to farmers and development workers...
ECHO Best Practice Notes
- 2019-01-20 RECETARIO WUQU’ KAWOQ Versión 2018-2019 Elaborado por: Valeria Morales. Spanish Only.
ECHO Latin America and Caribbean Notes (LACN)
- 2014-01-20 5ta Edición revisada y ampliada Chile Organización de las Naciones Unidas para la Alimentación y la Agricultura Spanish Only.
Plant Information Sheets
- Abelmoschus caillei originated and is now grown mostly in West and Central Africa, where it has become an important vegetable crop. This species of okra is particularly popular with subsistence farmers as it can produce a food crop year round, has a higher market value as it is available in the...
- Amaranthus spp. is an annual, erect herb (up to 1 m tall) grown for its edible leaves Leaves grow up to 8 cm in length and are present in an alternate arrangement along the stem. Small flowers are borne on slender spikes within inflorescences up to 12 cm long. Fruit are small, compressed,...
- Sugar apple is a drought-tolerant tree, growing to 6 m in height, and is the most widely grown of the Annonas. The sweet fruit is eaten fresh and can be used in beverages, ice cream and milkshakes.