The source documents (.docx and .pub) of these materials are available in the author's dropbox. The source documents are updated periodically so check here for the most current formats. We encourage you to adapt the source for your purposes.
Learning Outcomes – Participants will:
1. Appreciate the advantages of ripping
2. Understand the how to detect hard pans
3. Acquire skills necessary for ripping fields using an ox-drawn ripper
4. Know the proper timing and method of ripping for different conditions
Pre-Requisites: For participants to benefit fully from this class they should have covered the following lessons:
1. “Situation Assessment: Why CA?”
2. This module may be used to replace the module on “Minimizing Tillage with Planting Basins,” or it may be used in Year 2 of a training curriculum after participants have used hoe-based methods in Year 1.