ECHOcommunity Resources in Haitian Creole
Haitian Network Documents
Haiti Development Notes
ECHO Technical Notes
- 2012-01-20 An Nou Repare Tè Nou montre kijan lidè legliz yo ak lot lidè nan kominote a te relize, tè a k’ap pwodwi manje pou nou manje a, te komanse fatigue, e forè yo ki se sous anpil lòt bagay pou nou ap disparèt. Nou te konnen Bandye te bannou responsabilite pou nou pran swen ak pwoteje resous natirèl yo...
- Abstract, Science Advances, 2018 August Agricultural and industrial activities have increased atmospheric nitrogen (N) deposition to ecosystems worldwide. N deposition can stimulate plant growth and soil carbon (C) input, enhancing soil C storage. Changes in microbial decomposition could also...
Plant Information Sheets
- Moringa stenopetala is often referred to as the African Moringa Tree because it is native only to Ethiopia and northern Kenya. Though it does grow in many other parts of the old- and new-world tropics, it is not as widely known as its close relative, Moringa oleifera. All parts of the tree except...
- Okra originated in Southeast Asia but Abelmoschus caillei is now grown mostly in West and Central Africa, where it has become an important vegetable crop. This variety of okra is particularly popular with subsistence farmers as it can produce a food crop year round, has a higher market value as...
- The cultivation of Grain Amaranths as food plants is traceable to ancient Aztec civilizations of Mexico. The Grain Amaranth species are highly variable; some experimentation with strains of available species may be necessary to find one suitable to a new area.