ECHOcommunity Resources in Haitian Creole
Haitian Network Documents
- A Creole document describing rabies. How animals get rabies, Signs of rabies, What should you do if you suspect an animal has rabies, How to know if an animal is rabid, What to do if you are bit by an animal.
- A powerpoint explaining rabies in general and in Haiti, how to combat it, signs, what do do if you are bit etc.
- A creole document describing illnesses in Haiti that can be prevented with vaccine available in Haiti
Haiti Development Notes
- 2018-08-20 Kreyòl
ECHO Technical Notes
- 2005-01-20 The leaves of the Moringa oleifera tree are very nutritious. They can be consumed fresh, cooked or dried. Since dried Moringaleaves retain their nutrient content, it is possible to convert them into leaf powder. When there is an abundance of leaves, this leaf powder can be made and stored easily....
- 2012-01-20 An Nou Repare Tè Nou montre kijan lidè legliz yo ak lot lidè nan kominote a te relize, tè a k’ap pwodwi manje pou nou manje a, te komanse fatigue, e forè yo ki se sous anpil lòt bagay pou nou ap disparèt. Nou te konnen Bandye te bannou responsabilite pou nou pran swen ak pwoteje resous natirèl yo...
- The FIRST OBJECTIVE of a successful farmer is to produce a large amount of quality peanuts while keeping production costs as low as possible. The most successful peanut farmers manage their crops carefully. Peanut farmers may want to invest money in inputs like equipment, fertilizers, and...
- Peanuts are an important crop in Haiti. Not only does everyone love mamba and knows that it is healthy and full of protein, but peanuts are an important cash crop. Few crops offer as good an opportunity to make money over a short amount of time. They are relatively drought tolerant and require...
Plant Information Sheets
- Vegetable amaranths are mostly erect, annual plants, and are collected from the wild or cultivated in hot humid regions of Africa, Asia, and the Caribbean. Several species of Amaranthus are grown for their protein-rich leaves and plant tops. The seeds of vegetable amaranths may be eaten but grain...
- Grain amaranths are annual plants and include several species of Amaranthus grown specifically for the seeds which are usually lighter colored than vegetable amaranth varieties. The cultivation of grain amaranths as food plants is traceable to ancient Aztec civilizations of Mexico. The grain...
- Abelmoschus caillei originated and is now grown mostly in West and Central Africa, where it has become an important vegetable crop. This species of okra is particularly popular with subsistence farmers as it can produce a food crop year round, has a higher market value as it is available in the...