ECHOcommunity Resources in French
MissionAssist Books - Information and Education
GODAN Open Data Management in Agriculture and Nutrition
MissionAssist Books - Illness and Disease
Feed the Future Publications
Haitian Network Documents
MissionAssist Books - Crafts and Skills
MissionAssist Books - Agriculture and Farming
VITA - Volunteers in Technical Assistance
- The brooder is heated by a regular electric light bulb, placed under the brooder floor. Depending on the temperature rise required, the wattage of the light bulb will have to be chosen by experimentation. The metal floor and roof prevent predators such as rats from entering the brooder. If...
- This seed cleaner was developed in Afghanistan to remove round seeds of weeds from wheat grains. The round seeds could not be separated by a sieve because they were the same size as the wheat grains. The cleaner described here takes advantage of the round shape of the weed seeds to separate them...
- 1995-01-01 Soon after beginning a major program in renewable energy in 1979, VITA (Volunters in Technical Assistance) found that many of the technical terms commonly used in renewable energy literature were not understood by many of the laypeople for whom the information was meant. VITA also realized that...
- 1995-01-01 For 35 years, VITA has been helping people in developing countries improve the quality of their lives through the provision of information services. VITA's oldest service, the Inquiry Service, enlists VITA volunteers to answer requests about a variety of development issues that come from around...
- 1992-01-01 The intent is to offer suggestions to drivers or mechanics who operate in an area where service facilities and technical assistance are not readily available and they must be their own advisers on every problem that may arise. In the event that readers happen to have some service facilities at...
General Technical Documents
MissionAssist Books - Health and Hygiene
ECHO Technical Notes
ECHO Development Notes (EDN)
CFGB Conservation Agriculture Newsletter
Food Plant Solutions - Publications
World Health Organization Publications
Using ECHO Resources
- 2021-01-20 Available on iOS 10.0+and Android 5.0+ Android version updated 8/2022 for Android 11, 12, 12.1 (available soon) Search "echocommunity" in the App Store on your iPhone or in Google Play on your Android phone. ECHO has provided resources to farmers and development workers for 40 years....
ECHO Best Practice Notes
Livestock Emergency Guidelines and Standards Publications and Resources
Conservation Agriculture Core Training Guides
ECHO West Africa Notes
Christian Veterinary Mission (CVM) Publications
- 2008-01-01 Il n’existe pas de documentation réellement fiable indiquant quand et où la consommation d’escargots est entrée dans l’alimentation des êtres humains. Dans les régions où l’on trouve des escargots, en particulier dans les régions tropicales et subtropicales comme en Afrique de l’Ouest et en...
Plant Information Sheets
- Acacia angustissima grows as a thornless shrub or small tree to an average of 2-7 meters tall with a single short trunk. It is a legume, capable of fixing nitrogen in nodules on its roots if the appropriate strain of Rhizobium bacteria is present in the soil. It is often found in tropical...
- Acacia mangium can grow to be a tall tree up to 30 m. It is a fast-growing tree that can tolerate acidic and degraded soils. This tree grows best with moderate rainfall and full sunlight. It is one of the major leguminous species used in plantation forestry programs throughout Asia and the...
- Amaranthus spp. is an annual, erect herb (up to 1 m tall) grown for its edible leaves Leaves grow up to 8 cm in length and are present in an alternate arrangement along the stem. Small flowers are borne on slender spikes within inflorescences up to 12 cm long. Fruit are small, compressed,...