ECHOcommunity Resources in English
General Technical Documents
- This document was provided by Lance Edwards as an outline of the process of building a 100 Fold Vegetable Garden using Foundation for Farming principles. He includes a description of wicking bed technology by Colin Austin The irrigator’s dilemma If the irrigator applies frequent but shallow...
ECHO Asia Note Articles
ECHO Asia Seed Fact Sheets
Haitian Network Documents
ECHO East Africa News
ECHO Research - Posters
- As I studied more about Moringa seed, I learned that its valuable edible oil and this led me to start researching ways of extracting the oil. There are commercial chemical extractions, but these are too costly for the tribal people we work with. There are also cold and warm commercial presses,...
ECHO Research - Guidance
ECHO Asia Notes
ECHO Development Notes (EDN)
ECHO Technical Notes
ECHO West Africa Notes
Haiti Development Notes
ECHO Latin America and Caribbean Notes (LACN)
ECHO Research Notes
ECHO Best Practice Notes
Agricultural Risk Assessment and Management
ECHO Asia News
ECHO East Africa Notes
A Natural Farming System For Sustainable Agriculture In the Tropics
USDA Agriculture Handbooks
- Regeneration and restoration methodologies of tropical ecosystems on Costa Rican pastureland and farms are limited to primarily natural regeneration, direct seeding, tree planting, and stake planting. Seedballing is a common practice in Japan used to reduce predation and labor costs and increase...
Plant Information Sheets
- Acacia mangium can grow to be a tall tree up to 30 m. It is a fast-growing tree that can tolerate acidic and degraded soils. This tree grows best with moderate rainfall and full sunlight. It is one of the major leguminous species used in plantation forestry programs throughout Asia and the...
- Adzuki bean is a bushy or vining, nitrogen-fixing, annual plant that is moderately drought tolerant. This bean grows best in temperate climates or higher altitudes in the tropics. The young pods, fresh seeds and dry beans are used for human consumption.
- Khaya nyasica is a large evergreen or semi-deciduous forest tree up to 60 m in height. It has a rounded crown that provides dense shade. This tree is an important timber species and the wood is also used for furniture, firewood, tools, carving and for canoes.
- Session :As couples work to enrich their relationship as God designed, the entire family will flourish. This session will describe the opportunity churches and communities have to strengthen couple relationships within families, promote a sustainable earth, and help families promote family...
- Session :Peanut is the most widely grown legume in the world and has numerous nutritional, environmental and economic benefits. However, there are several challenges to increase productivity and control the potential of contamination from aflatoxin, a highly carcinogenic byproduct of a common...