ECHOcommunity Resources in English
ECHO Asia Seed Fact Sheets
ECHO Technical Notes
- Organización: Hospitalito de Atitlán Spanish withQuiché
General Technical Documents
- This document was provided by Lance Edwards as an outline of the process of building a 100 Fold Vegetable Garden using Foundation for Farming principles. He includes a description of wicking bed technology by Colin Austin The irrigator’s dilemma If the irrigator applies frequent but shallow...
Haitian Network Documents
ECHO Asia Note Articles
ECHO Research - Posters
ECHO East Africa News
- As I studied more about Moringa seed, I learned that its valuable edible oil and this led me to start researching ways of extracting the oil. There are commercial chemical extractions, but these are too costly for the tribal people we work with. There are also cold and warm commercial presses,...
ECHO Research - Guidance
ECHO East Africa Notes
ECHO Development Notes (EDN)
ECHO Asia Notes
Other Farmer Training Guides
Conservation Agriculture Core Training Guides
ECHO West Africa Notes
Haiti Development Notes
ECHO Latin America and Caribbean Notes (LACN)
ECHO Research Notes
ECHO Best Practice Notes
Agricultural Risk Assessment and Management
ECHO Asia News
A Natural Farming System For Sustainable Agriculture In the Tropics
USDA Agriculture Handbooks
- Abstract, Frontiers in Sustainable Food Systems,2020 On-farm diversification is a promising strategy for farmers to adapt to climate change. However, few recommendations exist onhowto diversify farm systems in ways that best fit the agroecological and socioeconomic challenges farmers face....
- Agrobiodiversity is the foundation of sustainable agricultural development. It includes the diversity of plants, animals, fish, trees and microbes that are used directly or indirectly for food and agriculture. The human race could not survive without access to this diversity, which enables plant...
- 2020-06-29 This photo slideshow is a supplement toTechnical Note96: Earthbag Seed Banks.
Plant Information Sheets
- Acacia mangium can grow to be a tall tree up to 30 m. It is a fast-growing tree that can tolerate acidic and degraded soils. This tree grows best with moderate rainfall and full sunlight. It is one of the major leguminous species used in plantation forestry programs throughout Asia and the...
- Adzuki bean is a bushy or vining, nitrogen-fixing, annual plant that is moderately drought tolerant. This bean grows best in temperate climates or higher altitudes in the tropics. The young pods, fresh seeds and dry beans are used for human consumption.
- Khaya nyasica is a large evergreen or semi-deciduous forest tree up to 60 m in height. It has a rounded crown that provides dense shade. This tree is an important timber species and the wood is also used for furniture, firewood, tools, carving and for canoes.