ECHOcommunity Resources in Spanish
GODAN Open Data Management in Agriculture and Nutrition
Research - Posters
General Technical Documents
- Jack bean is an excellent plant for enriching soil, because it grows under very difficult conditions. However, the beans contain toxins that normally make them unsuitable for human consumption. This document describes how to germinate jack bean to remove the toxins and increase the beans’...
- In the Push-Pull system, crops that repel pests and/or attract pests’ predators are intercropped with maize, to ‘push’ pests away from the main crop. Plants that attract pests are planted around the field, to ‘pull’ pests away from the maize. Incorporating legumes in this system means that soil...
- This document distinguishes between ‘anchor’ cover crops (that are intercropped with a main crop such as maize) and ‘secondary’ cover crops (that don’t compete with the main crop because they have a short life cycle, and that can help cover the soil at the start of the growing season). The...
- This short document contains graphs that show how zero tillage leads to increased water infiltration and increased water retention in soil.
- Four nutrient deficiencies--phosphorus, potassium, nitrogen, and magnesium--can be diagnosed by observing maize leaves. This document includes photos of a healthy maize leaf and of maize leaves demonstrating each of these nutrient deficiencies. It also contains suggestions for how to address each...
- Ministerio de Salud Pública y Asistencia Social
- Organización: ODIM
- Organización: Hospitalito de Atitlán Spanish withTzutujil
- Spanish with Kaqchiquel Organización: Hospitalito de Atitlán
ECHO Technical Notes
VITA - Volunteers in Technical Assistance
Haitian Network Documents
ECHO Asia Note Articles
ECHO Development Notes (EDN)
Food Plant Solutions - Publications
- 2022-01-01 This book is designed as a simple introduction to the more common food plants for healthy diets in Togo. It is hoped people will take greater pride and interest in these plants and become confident and informed about how to grow and use them. Many of the local food plants that occur in every...
Using ECHO Resources
- 2021-01-20 Available on iOS 10.0+and Android 5.0+ Search "echocommunity" in the App Store on your iPhone or in Google Play on your Android phone. ECHO has provided resources to farmers and development workers for 40 years. ECHOcommunity.org contains thousands of documents and videos that are relevant for...
ECHO Research Notes
ECHO Best Practice Notes
LEGS Publications and Resources
- 2019-01-20 RECETARIO WUQU’ KAWOQ Versión 2018-2019 Elaborado por: Valeria Morales. Spanish Only.
ECHO Latin America and Caribbean Notes (LACN)
- 2014-01-20 5ta Edición revisada y ampliada Chile Organización de las Naciones Unidas para la Alimentación y la Agricultura Spanish Only.
Christian Veterinary Mission (CVM) Publications
- Spanish Only
Plant Information Sheets
- Abelmoschus caillei originated and is now grown mostly in West and Central Africawhere it has become an important vegetable crop. This species of okra is particularly popular with subsistence farmers as it can produce a food crop year round, has a higher market value as it is available in the dry...
- Albizia lebbeck is a fast-growing, drought resistant, nitrogen-fixing tree used for reforestation, shade, fodder and fuel-wood. The trees can reach 30 m in height. The wood is known to be termite resistant and is suitable for building furniture.