Ressources Etiqueté: Industrial Crops
8 correspondances trouvées (Affichage 1 - 8)
- Sesame is an erect, herbaceous, annual, broad-leaved plant, growing to 2.5 m in height. It is one of the oldest cultivated crops and mainly grown as a field crop for the seeds and especially oil extracted from the seeds.
- Fish bean is a short-lived perennial, somewhat woody, nitrogen-fixing plant, growing up to 3 m in height. This plant is used for green manure, erosion control, and mulch. It is known to contain rotenoids and can be used as an insecticide and fish poison. Fish bean should NOT be used as fodder for...
- Sunflowers are tall showy, usually yellow flowers grown for their seeds. The flower head is composed of the showy perimeter ray flowers and the inner disc florets which produce the seeds. As well as being an ornamental plant that attracts pollinators, sunflower seeds are pressed for oil or used...
- Kenaf is an upright, herbaceous, annual plant that can reach 5 m in height. It is used for fodder, fiber, and the young leaves as a vegetable.
- Jatropha is a small, drought-tolerant, perennial tree growing up to 6 m in height. Oil from the seeds is used for candles, soap, and fuel which can be used as a substitute for diesel oil.
- This oilseed plant originated from eastern Africa. Vernonia is grown in tropical locations that are within 20º of the equator because better seed is produced from flowers under short day conditions.