Ressources Etiqueté: Grain Crops
34 correspondances trouvées (Affichage 1 - 10) Suite
- Naked oats are an annual grass crop for cool weather with moist, well drained soil. In the tropics they do best in highland areas as a cover crop or forage. The grain is edible when cooked.
- Sesame is an erect, herbaceous, annual, broad-leaved plant, growing to 2.5 m in height. It is one of the oldest cultivated crops and mainly grown as a field crop for the seeds and especially oil extracted from the seeds.
- Finger millet is a short, annual grass to 1 m in height, grown for its small grains that are usually ground into flour for porridge. More drought tolerant than maize or sorghum, finger millet is also higher in protein, fat and minerals than those crops.
- Teff is an annual tufted grass, growing to 1 m in height, with very small grains that may be ground into flour or eaten as a porridge. Teff is grown as a cereal crop primarily in Ethiopia. The grain is ground into flour, fermented and made into Injera, a sourdough-type flat bread.
- Proso millet is an erect, tillering, annual grass, growing to 1 m in height, that is grown for the small seeds used for human consumption and livestock food. Proso millet was one of the earliest cultivated grains in the world. It is fairly drought tolerant and has a short growing season.
- Le maïs est cultivé depuis de nombreux siècles dans plusieurs régions d’Amérique centrale, du Nord et du Sud. L’utilisation du maïs s’est étendue à de nombreuses régions tempérées, subtropicales et tropicales de la planète. À l’échelle mondiale, la production de maïs dépasse aujourd’hui celles du...
- Sorghum is an annual plant in the grass family that grows up to 5 m in height. Grain sorghum is a staple crop in many hotdry areas and ranks 5th worldwide among cereal grains. Depending on the variety, sorghum is grown for grain, forage, fuel, fiber, syrup, and sugar. Cleaned grain can be cooked...
- Sweet sorghum is an annual plant in the grass family up to 5 m in height. This variety of sorghum is distinguished by the sweet juice contained in the soft pith of the stalk and is mainly grown for syrup and sugar. It may also be planted for forage or silage.
- Quinoa is a broad-leaved annual crop for cool seasons and higher altitudes in the tropics. The grain is a nutritious pseudo-cereal which is eaten boiled, toasted or ground into flour, and the leaves are eaten fresh or cooked.