Resources Tagged: Herbs
18 items found (Showing 1 - 10) Next
- Mexican Sunflower is a woody, perennial, plant with showy yellow flowers growing to 3 m in height. It can be used as an ornamental, hedge, compost ingredient, fodder, green manure, and soil erosion control. Mexican sunflower is known to be efficient in extracting phosphorus from the soil. Green...
- Also available in:
- Oregano is a tangled, bushy, perennial, aromatic herb, with stems up to 1 m long, and used as a culinary herb and for essential oil. Oregano has good heat and drought tolerance.
- Coriander/Cilantro is a cool-climate, annual crop, up to 1.5 m in height, with small white flowers, valued for its seeds (coriander) and leaves (cilantro). Leaves are used in soups, stews, salads, and stir-fry dishes. Seeds are used whole or ground in bread, cheeses, curry, sausages, and soups.
- Basil is an upright, aromatic, annual plant, up to 75 cm in height, and used as a culinary herb and for essential oil. The leaves of basil are often used as a seasoning in tomato sauces and the basis for making pesto. There are many varieties of basil with different colored leaves and unique...
- Parsley is an upright, herbaceous plant, growing to 70 cm in height. In temperate regions, parsley is a biennial, putting on vegetative growth the first season, over-wintering, then flowering the following season. In tropical regions it will not flower or produce seeds. It is commonly used as a...