About the Impact Center
The ECHO Asia Impact Center & Small Farm Resource Center, a regional extension arm of ECHO Inc., exists to equip agriculture and community development practitioners to be more effective in their work serving smallholder farmers in Asia. We do this by providing free technical resources, publications, training, and seeds to our network members residing in Asia.
We want to serve you!
Here at ECHO Asia, our vision is to equip and empower agriculture and community development workers. We do this through...
Save the Date for the ECHO Asia Agriculture & Development Conference! October 16-20, 2023. Chiang Mai, Thailand
On our website...
- Upcoming ECHO Events connects you to information about planned ECHO Asia workshops and trainings (and our biennial conference) that are designed to help bring people together across our network and share ideas.
- The 2021/2022 Seed Catalog provides information on over 200 seed varieties available from the ECHO Asia Seed Bank. These seeds are available on-site at our Small Farm Resource Center & Seed Bank in Chiang Mai…and online in our ECHO Asia Seed Bank store. Our members qualify for 10 free seed packets per year!
- ECHO Asia Notes and ECHO Asia News offer technical articles on a wide variety of topics, as well as information on upcoming events and happenings in the network. We currently translate these articles into 7 regional languages including: Thai, Burmese, Vietnamese, Mandarin, Indonesian, Hindi and Khmer.
For more information please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We offer virtual trainings on the following topics:
- Intro to Biochar
- Intro to Biosand Water Filtration
- Intro to Black Soldier Fly (BSF) Production
- Intro to the System of Rice Intensification (SRI)
- Virtual ECHO Asia Farm Tour
- We offer technical and advisory services to network members and like-minded organizations through paid consultations at your farm or project site.
- We help organize and provide the personnel to host or co-host regional workshops and trainings with our partners.
- We promote capacity building of our partners by hosting Asian National Interns at our farm for 3-6 month internships.
To request our involvement on the regional level, please complete our Regional Request Form.
At our Small Farm Resource Center & Seed Bank...
- We host individuals and small groups for educational tours of the farm and seed bank. These 1-2 hr contextualized conversations will introduce you to ECHO Asia and give you a more dynamic experience of our work and a better idea of how we can partner together.
- We lead flagship courses on Seeds, Soils and Feeds Foundations, Seed Saving and Banking, Soil Fertility Management, On-farm Livestock Feeds and Appropriate Technologies.
- We offer Customized Courses tailored to meet the needs of our partners.
- We sell seeds and cuttings from our ECHO Asia Seed Bank as profiled in our ECHO Asia 2019-2020 Seed Catalogue and ECHO Asia Seed Bank store. Our members qualify for 10 free seed packets per year!
To connect with us on the farm through a tour, or to request a workshop or a training, please complete our On-Farm Request Form.
We would love to meet you!
We are PLEASED to welcome visitors to our Small Farm Resource Center & Seed Bank!
If you are interested in taking a tour, participating in a workshop or designing a training for your team held at our farm, please fill out our On-Farm Request Form.
We currently offer:
* Educational Farm Tours (Tues-Fri mornings only)
* 1 Day Workshops on One Focus Topic
* 3-5 day Trainings on Select Sustainable Agriculture & Community Development Practices
We also welcome long-term volunteers and Asian National Interns.
To contact the farm directly, please email us at: email@example.com