Recursos Etiquetado: Grain Crops
26 Artículos encontrados (Mostrando 1 - 10) Próximo
- Job's tears is a tropical, 1 to 2 m tall annual grass.It is commonly found growing in many tropical areas of the world in ditches and low areas. Plants are commonly used for fodder and seeds are both consumed and used for bead craft.
- También disponible en:
- Sesame is an erect, herbaceous, annual, broad-leaved plant, growing to 2.5 m in height. It is one of the oldest cultivated crops and mainly grown as a field crop for the seeds and especially oil extracted from the seeds.
- Finger millet is a short, annual grass to 1 m in height, grown for its small grains that are usually ground into flour for porridge. More drought tolerant than maize or sorghum, finger millet is also higher in protein, fat and minerals than those crops.
- Teff is an annual tufted grass, growing to 1 m in height, with very small grains that may be ground into flour or eaten as a porridge. Teff is grown as a cereal crop primarily in Ethiopia. The grain is ground into flour, fermented and made into Injera, a sourdough-type flat bread.
- Proso millet is an erect, tillering, annual grass, growing to 1 m in height, that is grown for the small seeds used for human consumption and livestock food. Proso millet was one of the earliest cultivated grains in the world. It is fairly drought tolerant and has a short growing season.
- El cultivo del maíz era conocido en partes de México y Centroamérica en tiempos precolombinos. El uso del maíz (corn en inglés) se ha extendido a muchas otras regiones templadas, subtropicales y tropicales del globo en donde es conocido como maíz (maize en inglés). Entre los cereales de grano, la...