Recursos Etiquetado: Squash And Gourds And Pumpkins
21 Artículos encontrados (Mostrando 1 - 10) Próximo
- Cushaw pumpkins are a herbaceous, vining, winter squash grown for the edible flesh and seeds. Flowers and tender shoots are also edible. The seeds are high in oil and protein and can be eaten roasted or ground up for an ingredient in sauces. The flesh is eaten as a vegetable and can be used in...
- Caigua isan Andean fruit that grows on a climbing vine similar to cucumbers. The mature fruit is hollow and is often stuffed for cooking. The immature fruits and young shoots are eaten raw and cooked.
- Las calabazas de cera han sido cultivadas como alimento en las tierras bajas tropicales de China desde el año 500 DC. Esta hortaliza, que crece en enredaderas que pueden alcanzar los 2-4 metros (6-13 pies) de largo, es fácilmente cultivada como planta anual en las regiones templadas pero también...
- The Tropical Pumpkin originated in tropical South or Central America, possibly Peru or Mexico, and is now widely distributed throughout the tropics. Tropicalpumpkins are very well adapted to hot, humid conditions and the ripe fruits can be stored for months or even a year under dry well...
- Summer Squashes are distinctive from all other squashes because they are eaten when they are immature. They grow on either vines or bushes with large leaves that are hairy underneath. They have smooth, edible skin, flesh that varies from light to dark green or yellow, and seeds that are soft and...
- También disponible en:
- English (en)
- This winter squash has been cultivated in tropical and subtropical areas of the Americas since Pre-Colombian times. Evidence of its use has been found in archeological diggings. It is a very old variety not often available through seed companies.
- Luffas are vining annual plants that produce fruits for food and the luffa sponge. The fruits of Smooth Luffa are preferred for luffa sponges. Angled luffa, C. acutangula, is the preferred species for edible fruit.