ทรัพยากร ระบุป้าย: Roots And Tubers
13 รายการที่พบ (กำลังแสดง 1 - 10) ถัดไป
- Apios americanais a climbing, perennial vine and a member of the legume (Fabaceae) family. Common names for this crop include apios, ground nut, wild bean, bog potato, wild potato, Virginia potato, and Indian potato. The plant, native to eastern parts of North America, was widely cultivated by...
- Turnips are a cruciferous crop (cabbage family) grown for the edible fleshy taproot. The leaves are also a good nutritious green leafy vegetable. There are also varieties that have been developed as a forage crop.
- Wild carrots (Daucus carota) are native in Western Europe, the Near East, and the Mediterranean region. Wild carrots now are widely distributed in temperate Europe, Asia, and in parts of Africa, Australia, and the Americas. It has become a common weed species in croplands in many portions of its...
- Jicama is a perennial, nitrogen-fixing vine, reaching 10 m in length, and grown for the edible tuber. Jicama is also used as fodder, green manure, or cover crop.
- Radishes are an annual herb with cylindrical roots up to 65 cm long or round roots up to 8 cm in diameter. They are grown for their slightly spicy roots.
- Most carrot varieties are temperate biennial plants requiring two years to complete the life cycle. Normally, a cold period during the dormant winter season is required for the first year plants to send up flowering stalks that produce flowers and seeds during the second growing season. Dr....
- Carrots have a swollen taproot that can be up to 25 cm long. This is generally a temperateor high altitude tropical cropand is biennial. But the variety ‘Uberlandia’ does well in the lower tropics and can set seed in the same season. Carrot rootstaste best when harvested in cooler weather.