ทรัพยากร ระบุป้าย: Roots And Tubers
11 รายการที่พบ (กำลังแสดง 1 - 10) ถัดไป
- Turnips are a cruciferous crop (cabbage family) grown for the edible fleshy taproot. The leaves are also a good nutritious green leafy vegetable. There are also varieties that have been developed as a forage crop.
- Wild carrots (Daucus carota) are native in Western Europe, the Near East, and the Mediterranean region. Wild carrots now are widely distributed in temperate Europe, Asia, and in parts of Africa, Australia, and the Americas. It has become a common weed species in croplands in many portions of its...
- Jicama is a perennial, nitrogen-fixing vine, reaching 10 m in length, and grown for the edible tuber. Jicama is also used as fodder, green manure, or cover crop.
- Radishes are an annual herb with cylindrical roots up to 65 cm long or round roots up to 8 cm in diameter. They are grown for their slightly spicy roots.
- Most carrot varieties are temperate biennial plants requiring two years to complete the life cycle. Normally, a cold period during the dormant winter season is required for the first year plants to send up flowering stalks that produce flowers and seeds during the second growing season. Dr....
- Carrots are a biennial herb with a swollen taproot that can be up to 25 cm long. This is generally a temperate, or high altitude tropical crop, but the variety ‘Uberlandia’ does well in the lower tropics.
- The Potato originally comes from the Andes of South America. It has been cultivated there for centuries. Potatoes can be grown at most latitudes, but tend to get more diseases in hot and humid climates, such as those at low elevation in the tropics. There are around 5,000 varieties of Potatoes in...
- Wild mung bean is a perennial, vining, nitrogen-fixing plant with edible beans and tubers. This plant is rarely cultivated but rather pods and tubers are collected from wild plants. It has potential for human food, as well as a green manure or cover crop.