Chaya Recipes - For the Whole Family!
Chef Euda Morales and Penny Rambacher, R.D.
Chaya is very nutritious; a 100 gram serving (about 50 – 60 fresh leaves) contains the following:
- Protein: It has the same amount of protein as an egg. Protein is important for muscle development.
- Iron: It has two times the iron of a serving of spinach. Iron enriches blood and helps prevent anemia.
- Calcium: It has more calcium than most vegetables. Chaya has two times more calcium than spinach. Calcium is important to strengthen bones.
- Vitamin A: It contains a good amount of this vitamin which is important in the prevention of blindness and reduces the severity of infections and sickness like diarrhea. It is an essential nutrient for children’s growth.
- It is also a source of Vitamin C, folic acid and Vitamin B, which are essential for health and wellbeing.
Download English Version
- Published: 2019