Rain forests are rapidly being cleared in the humid tropics to keep pace with food demands, economic needs, and population growth. Without proper management, these forests and other natural resources will be seriously depleted within the next 50 years.
Sustainable Agriculture and the Environment in the Humid Tropics provides critically needed direction for developing strategies that both mitigate land degradation, deforestation, and biological resource losses and help the economic status of tropical countries through promotion of sustainable agricultural practices. The book includes
- A practical discussion of 12 major land use options for boosting food production and enhancing local economies while protecting the natural resource base.
- Recommendations for developing technologies needed for sustainable agriculture.
- A strategy for changing policies that discourage conserving and managing natural resources and biodiversity.
- Detailed reports on agriculture and deforestation in seven tropical countries.
- ตีพิมพ์แล้ว: 1993
- ผู้ตีพิมพ์: National Academy Press
- ISBN-10: 0309047498
- ISBN-13: 9780309047494
- Dewey Decimal: 333.761
- ห้องสมุด ECHO: 333.761 NRC