FAO Databases and Software
FAO hosts state-of-the-art databases and software to monitor and manage the many variables required to ensure food security while minimizing environmental impacts.
All FAO’s standalone software models and other tools can be downloaded free, for use directly in the field or to assist in research projects.
Key databases and software models include:
- AQUASTAT: FAO’s global water information system
- AQUACROP: The industry-leading crop–water productivity software model
- AQUAMAPS: Global spatial database on water and agriculture
- GAEZ: Global Agro-Ecological Zones
- The Harmonized World Soil Database: 15 000 soil mapping units combining existing regional and national updates of soil information worldwide