A Field Guide to Clean Drinking Water
How to find and prepare safe drinking water - anywhere, any time!
Clean drinking water may be the last thing we think about day to day - but it's the first thing we need in an emergency. Now, survival expert and biologist Joe Vogel explains how to find, treat, and store safe drinking water- even in the most extreme conditions.
A Field Guide to Clean Drinking Water includes information about:
- The role of water in the body and how to calculate you water requirement
- plants, geographical features, and more indicators that signal the presence of water
- how to collect dew and precipitation, and extract water from plants
- how to screen "raw water" for bacteria, pesticides, and other contaminants
- every purifying method from boiling techniques to chemical disinfection
- storage options that meet every need from emergency water pouches to mad-made ponds
Small enough to take anywhere - and broad enough to everything - this is a vital manual for backpackers, survivalists, and anyone who may need to know how to create their own drinking water.
- Published: 2019
- Publisher: The Experiment
- ISBN-10: 161519567X
- ISBN-13: 978-1615195671