Soil Science Simplified has enjoyed a unique status among introductory soil science textbooks for more than a quarter of a century. The readable yet comprehensive coverage of soil science topics has made it a favorite of instructors teaching soil science to introductory soils students, non-majors, and professionals working in a host of agricultural and environmental applications.
Soil Science Simplified, Sixth Edition is a significant update and revision of the classic introductory soils text. The new edition includes even greater coverage of non-agricultural uses of soils ranging from municipal to engineering uses, a new chapter on conservation agriculture covering no-till, hoetill, and the methodology of cover crops, crop rotations, nitrogen contribution, and worldwide trends in conservation agriculture. Chapters covering the basic scientific aspects of soil from its physical, chemical, and biological properties to basic formation are also thoroughly revised and updated.
This most recent edition of this text is a valuable introduction to soil science that addresses many new developments to this ever-changing field, while maintaining the elements that have made it a user-friendly introductory text for decades. Soil Science Simplified is the essential introductory text for non-soils majors and field practitioners.
- Expanded coverage of non-agricultural uses of soil, ranging from municipal to engineering uses
- Additional discussion of environmental uses of soils and soil conservation
- Newly revised chapters on the basic scientific aspects of soil from its physical, chemical, and biological properties, through to basic formation
- Coverage of conservation agriculture including discussion of no-till, hoe-till method common in Africa, and overall methodology on cover crops, crop rotations, nitrogen contribution by cover crops, and worldwide trends in conservation agriculture
- Published: 2015
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell
- ISBN-10: 1118540697
- ISBN-13: 978-1118540695