The safe, clean and convenient way to compost ALL of you food scraps .
Bokashi composting is a safe, quick and convenient way to compost in you kitchen, garage or apartment, using microorganisms to anaerobically ferment all food waste (including meat and dairy). Since the process takes place in a closed system, insects and smell are controlled, making it ideal for urban or business settings. Compared to conventional composting, the bokashi method is quicker and easier, with compost usually ready to be integrated into your soil or garden in around two weeks.
From scraps to soil, Bokashi Composting is the complete, step-by-step, do-it-youself guide to this amazing process, with comprehensive information covering:
- Background - the history, development and scientific basis of the technique
- Getting started - composting with commercially available products or homemade systems
- Making your own - system plans and bokashi bran recipes using common ingredients
- Growing -improving your soil with fermented compost and bokashi juice
The essential guide is a must-read for gardeners, homeowners, apartment dwellers, traditional composters and anyone who wants a safe, simple and convenient way to keep kitchen waste out of the landfill.
Detalles de publicación
- Publicado: 2014
- Editor: New Society Publishers
- ISBN-10: 0865717524
- ISBN-13: 978-0865717527
- Dewey Decimal: 631.875
- Librería ECHO: 631.875 FOO