The source documents (.docx and .pub) of these materials are available in the author's dropbox. The source documents are updated periodically so check here for the most current formats. We encourage you to adapt the source for your purposes.
Learning Outcomes – Participants will:
1. Appreciate the importance of conserving soils
2. Realize the effectiveness of soil cover in reducing erosion
3. Know how to mark contours on sloping land
4. Know how to plant slow-forming, contour vegetative barriers
1. Situation Analysis: Why Conservation Agriculture?
2. Importance of Soil Cover
3. NB: This lesson might be followed up by additional lessons on constructing rock walls, or other Soil and Water Conservation Techniques