Part deep-South, part subtropical, part Latin, part everywhere that its immigrants have come from, Florida is unique in its variety. And Florida's kitchens reflect this delicious diversity.
In this collection you will find easy-to-follow recipes that range from the comforting to the fantastical. You will become acquainted with the exotic fruits and vegetables found in the Sunshine State, get tips on the proper ways to handle and prepare seafood, and find new ways to liven up familiar vegetables and meats.
- Try papaya as a vegetable, baked while still green
- Serve a juicy pineapple dessert, baked with rum and flaming
- Treat yourself to a luscious conch chowder or curried lobster
- Cook chicken strips inside a fresh coconut for a taste you never imagined
Whether you're a Florida visitor, newcomer, or resident, let gourmet cook George S. Fichter tempt your palate, and join The Sunshine State Cookbook's celebration of Florida's plenty.
- Published: 2017
- Publisher: Pineapple Press