ECHO Asia - Resources From Past Conferences & Events
View and download presentations and resources from ECHO Asia conferences, forums, workshops and classes.
- "Small Scale: Up Scale" Agriculture and Community Development Conference
- 2018 Cambodia Seed Saving & Soil Health Training
- 2018 "Tackling Food Security Together" Asia Pacific Sustainable Agriculture & Community Development Conference
- 2018 Myanmar Seed Saving Workshop
- 2016 ECHO Asia Coffee Processing Workshop
- 2016 ECHO Asia System of Rice Intensification Workshop
- 2016 China Sustainable Natural Farming Workshop
- 2016 Myanmar Agriculture and Community Development Workshop
- 2015 Cambodia Seed Saving Workshop
- 2015 Philippines Sustainable Food Production Workshop
- 2015 Indonesia Sustainable Agriculture Workshop
- 2015 ECHO Asia Conference Resources & Plenary Videos
- 2015 Thailand Biopest Control Workshop
- 2013 ECHO Asia Conference
- 2013 Thailand AT Symposium
- 2013 Philippines Agriculture & Food Production Workshop
ECHO Asia 2016 Myanmar Workshop
The Myanmar Agriculture and Community Development Workshop was held February 2-5, 2016 in Pyin Oo Lwin, outside of Mandalay Myanmar.
An Introduction to ECHO Asia’s Services - Dr. Abram J Bicksler, ECHO Asia
Foundations for Farming & Gassifier Stoves - Boonsong Thansrithong, ECHO Asia
Green Manure Management Towards Climate Smart Agriculture - Dr. Su Su Win, Department of Agriculture Research, Yezin
Growing Potato by Hybrid True Potato Seeds - CSSDD
Introduction to Vegetable Grafting - Dr. Abram J Bicksler, ECHO Asia
Local Future - Peter, CSSDD
Plant Propagation - Boonsong Thansrithong, ECHO Asia
Production of Beuvaria as an Integrated Pest Management Method - Kittichai Sampunsinkor, ECHO Asia
Surveying Underutilized Crops - Dr. Abram J Bicksler, ECHO Asia
Tropical lowland regions are characterized by high humidity and annual rainfall. Lowlands exist around the world in microclimates but predominate areas of South and Southeast Asia, Latin America and Caribbean, and Coastal regions of the tropics. One of the main agricultural concerns for lowland regions is dealing with waterlogged soils and related plant pathogens.
Cambodia Seed Saving Workshop 2015 Resources
Resources from the Cambodia Seed Saving Workshop held on December 2-3 at Ntuk Nti Farm, Cambodia
ECHO Asia, in conjunction with International Cooperation Cambodia (ICC) and Ntuk Nti, with funding from the Presbyterian Hunger Program (PHP-USA) held a seed saving workshop in Sen Monorem, Mondulkiri on December 2-3, 2015.
Topics covered include: NGO and community- level appropriate seed banking techniques, seed saving best practices, an introduction to seed systems, seed systems PRA methodologies, and recent research findings.
Introduction to Neglected & Underutilized Species - Rebecca Garofano
Utilizing Neglected and Underutilized Plant Species - Rebecca Garofano
Conducting a Seed Swap - Abram Bicksler Ph.D.
Field and Garden Surveys - Taylor Cantril
Improved Seed Storage - Ken Thompson
Village Seed Storage - . Taylor Cantril
Vegetable Card Sorts - Taylor Cantril
Biology of Seed Saving - Abram Bicksler Ph.D.