This collection aims to provide a reference for policy makers and practitioners working in areas related to bioenergy in rural areas of sub-Saharan Africa. This encompasses those in the energy, agriculture, forestry, environment, finance and business sectors, among others, who are searching for solutions to diverse issues in the field of sustainable rural bioenergy. These solutions should also enhance food security and benefit social welfare and environmental integrity.
The three main issues in rural bioenergy in sub-Saharan Africa are:
- unsustainable bioenergy feedstock sources that cause deforestation and heavy workloads;
- unhealthy domestic energy production systems that cause respiratory diseases; and
- the lack of a means to ensure the sustainability of better bioenergy solutions.
These three issues are interrelated. The solutions detailed in the chapters corresponding to these issues will contribute to sustainable bioenergy development and are intended to be deployed interactively.
- 已出版: 2018
- 出版者: International Renewable Energy Agency
- ISBN-13: 978-92-9260-106-5