With more than 45,000 sold since 1989, The New Organic Grower has become a modern classic. In this newly revised and expanded edition, master grower Eliot Coleman continues to present the simplest and most sustainable ways of growing top-quality organic vegetables. Coleman updates practical information on marketing the harvest, on small-scale equipment, and on farming and gardening for the long-term health of the soil. The new book is thoroughly updated, and includes all-new chapters such as:
- Farm-Generated Fertility―how to meet your soil-fertility needs from the resources of your own land, even if manure is not available.
- The Moveable Feast―how to construct home-garden and commercial-scale greenhouses that can be easily moved to benefit plants and avoid insect and disease build-up.
- The Winter Garden―how to plant, harvest, and sell hardy salad crops all winter long from unheated or minimally heated greenhouses.
- Pests―how to find "plant-positive" rather than "pest-negative" solutions by growing healthy, naturally resistant plants.
- The Information Resource―how and where to learn what you need to know to grow delicious organic vegetables, no matter where you live.
Written for the serious gardener or small market farmer, The New Organic Grower proves that, in terms of both efficiency and profitability, smaller can be better.
- 已出版: 1989
- 出版者: Chelsea Green Pub. Co
- ISBN-10: 093003175
- ISBN-13: 978-0930031756
- Dewey Decimal: 635.048
- ECHO 图书馆: 635.048 COL