The Audubon Society: Field Guide to North American Reptiles and Amphibians
John L. Behler et al
The most comprehensive field guide available to the reptiles and amphibians of North America - a must-have for any enthusiast's day pack or home library--from the go-to reference source for over 18 million nature lovers.
Featuring a durable vinyl binding and over 600 full-color identification photographs organized for quick access, the National Audubon Society Field Guide to Reptiles and Amphibians is the perfect companion in the field. This compact volume contains:
- Background information on evolution, anatomy, physiology, habitats, and life cycles of a range of reptile and amphibian families.
- A detailed look at how reptiles and amphibians survive-how they eat, move around, defend themselves, and combat temperature extremes.
- Examinations of metamorphosis, growth and longevity, and vocalization techniques.
- Practical advice on how to responsibly study reptiles and amphibians in the wild or care for them as pets.
- Publisher: Knopf
- ISBN-10: 0394508246
- ISBN-13: 978-0394508245
- Dewey Decimal: 597.909
- ECHO Library: 597.909 AUD
- ECHO Asia Library: AL 33